About Me

My photo
Valencia, California, United States
I'm a 20 year old BFA4 at the Cal Arts for Character Animation. I like rainbows, clown and prostitutes.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

FILM UPDATE: Spring Break

Ok guys so before i start ranting and compliaining, I'll just post my update for the middle of the week.


Le sigh. It's comming along, true, but I'm starting to get really annoyed. Everyone goes through this when they do their own film. Im starting to get to the point where I can really clearly see that my style has changed since I've been working on this. This has happened to me every year and it's no shocker that this year is any different. Aye.... I have so much to do. I think I counted about...20 scenes that I have to get finished before the film is due. My mentor told me something that I seriously need to take to heart. He told me that I need to have at LEAST movement in every scene. My original goal for this film was full color and full animation. Now I think that I'm just going to go for animation. But I'm sorta struggling with that because my years at cal arts have definitely proven to me that I do not want to be an animator. Le sigh. i dont know what I want. I'm starting to get a little stressed out. Generally when that happens I...put things off. I'll be honest, I haven't been working nearly as hard this spring break as I should have. I've started a job and that's sorta gotten in the way. On TOP of that, I need to some how produce a portfolio by the 5th and to be honest, i haven't done anything on that either. I've relaized that i've spent MOST of my time at cal arts animating and animating isn't really what turns me on about...animation.

I guess that's the struggle I"m going through now, trying to figure out WHERE i fit in. Aye. I'm a junior and I still don't totally know what I want to do. I'm starting to get intimidated. Looking at my work, i haven't had a lot of NEW things since my sophomore year. It's starting to stress me out. I haven't taken advantage of this school. Not one bit. Hopefully I"ll feel different by the end of this year.

So tonight, and maybe tommorow, I"m going to take a break from the film and just draw what makes me happy and put that into my portfolio. I hope it goes well and look forward to some drawings really soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers